This quick relaxing peaceful meditation may be just what you need to relax and feel at peace with this moment.
Hello, how are you feeling today? 'good, alright... well not really' (How did I know you'd say or be thinking that?) I guess your meant to be here.
Welcome, so about a week ago I asked Spirit to show me a meditation technique today that will help people feel relaxed, at peace, calm ,connected and grounded. Even if just for this moment.
The answer I received was a simple meditation, that focused on body and mind awareness. I felt Spirit showed this to me because of the time of the year, being Christmas month where our emotions range from excitement, anxiety, fears or worry. I feel the below meditation does have a positive overall affect to help release tension, and become relaxed and mindful. With so much tension around this time of the year, most of us tend to get caught up in shopping, planning or worrying about what they we'll be doing Christmas. We tend to forget that life unfolds smoothly when we let go of the future, and the past and focus on the present.
This relaxing meditation also doesn't take much time out of your day, I would say to put aside 10 minutes or more if you can. If you haven't meditated for a while or before, you may want to start to practice once or twice a week, so that you slowly get used to this.
Lets Begin now by TAKING A DEEP BREATH IN NOW..... breath out, and do this 3 times. Observe how you feel.
Again if you haven't meditated before, then see how you feel after trying this for a few minutes. It is completely natural for the body and mind to feel a uncomfortable to start with, however with practice the body mind and spirit calm, and begin to naturally align creating balance in your energy.
There has been alot of research into mindfulness meditation. Multiple studies suggest that meditating can improve the health of the heart, Mind boost immune response, reduce stress, lower blood pressure, improve healthy ageing of cells, and have longer lasting effects than a holiday away to a peaceful island!
This relaxing peaceful meditation is also effective when combined with mindfulness practice.
Relaxing Calming Meditation - Channelled by Angelene
1. Find a comfortable quiet place, where you won't be distracted, and take a seat, now keeping your back nice and straight, roll your shoulders back and relax, bring your hands on your lap, palms facing up, one on top of the other.
- You may Call in your Higher power if you wish, for example, placing your hands in prayer position say a Mantra that reasonates with you or one example is: I now call in Pure Divine Love and Light or Jesus, Lord Krishna, or whoever your personal God is, only to protect and guide me during this meditation. I am now surrounded in and am safe and protected by Gods Light. Return your hands gently back to your lap.
- You may Set and intention if you wish, for example I now set the intention to relax the body, mind and spirit, to be at calm and at peace with myself
Or God please assist me to be at peace now, remove any negative thoughts that are creating stress.
Breathing With Awareness : Bring your awareness to the breath at the nostrils, Begin by Taking a deep breath in expanding the abdomen out, hold for 3 seconds, now breath out relaxing the abdomen as you breath out relax, and allow you body and mind to let go on the out breath. Notice any thoughts or emotions, and allow them to pass by. Do this three times at a comfortable pace for you.
2. On the third relaxing breath out, bring your awareness to your toes, wiggle your toes then tense them, hold then allow them to relax fully
3. Bring your awareness to your calf muscles, tense these muscles, allow them to relax fully.
You will notice that each time you tense and relax you will be releasing tension and clearing energy blockages.
4. Take a deep relaxing breath in, and Bring your awareness to you thigh and glut (buttocks) muscles, tense, and slowly release the tension and breath out completely. Pause
Imagine you are letting go any stressful thoughts, irritation, anger etc.
5. Bring your awareness to your abdomen, tense these muscles as if when you do for a 'sit up', hold and relax completely.
If your mind should wander (it may do) just bring your awareness back to the relaxed muscles or the breath.
6. Bring your awareness to your shoulders, and arms, tense your shoulders, then arms, release all tension, relaxing completely. Relax, allow yourself to let go of any tension.
7. Bring you awareness to your natural breath at the abdomen, Continue to observe the breath at this area. You may notice that the abdomen rises as you breath in, and falls as you breath out. Go with the natural breathing rate until it settles.
8. Now bring your awareness to the breath at the nostrils. Observe the breath at the nostrils for a few minutes.
You may become aware of thoughts, colours, light, images, allow it to be. Without analysing or asking where they come from, remain the silent observer for whatever arises. Return your awareness on the focal point of the breath.
9. You may notice thoughts of "can't do this, this is freaky, this is too hard' its not for me etc. Observe this, return your focus back to the breath.
This is normal, allow them be. They are temporary. The will pass. Remain the quiet observer, still and peaceful. Know you are safe, protected, loved unconditionally by the Higher Power, or Spirit.
10. You may notice a peaceful calming energy within you, as you body begins to naturally settle, and release.
If you don't that is ok. Your body will naturally begin to release any further tension or with practice.
11. Thoughts and emotions may arise, remain as the observer, detached from them.
12. Remain Aware of the breath at the nostrils or any other part of you body that wish to use as a focal point. Just watching silently for as long as you feel.
When you do open you eyes, remain in the here and now, continue to remain the observer. Feel your legs on the chair you are seated on, under you. Look around the room. And smile:)
- You may want to affirm " I am now fully Present and in this moment" and 'I am now at calm and at peace with myself' These affirmations talk to the subconscious mind, telling it to relax. They can work instantly or when repeated daily or as often as you feel.
- You may like to practice being mindful: For example as you stand up, feel your feet, left then right, walk to the kitchen, observe yourself taking a glass, filling it with filtered water, and slowly drinking this water, feeling the sensation of the water going down and filling your stomach as it is now is hydrating you. If your mind wanders, bring it back to the present moment.
The Below Breathing with awareness can be done any time throughout your day because it has a calming affect on the mind and body.
Breathing With Awareness : Bring your awareness to the breath at the nostrils, Begin by Taking a deep breath in expanding the abdomen out, hold for 3 seconds, now breath out relaxing the abdomen as you breath out relax, and allow you body and mind to let go on the out breath. Notice any thoughts or emotions, allow them to pass by.
If you are unsure meditation, we suggest talking to a GP.
If you found this mediation challenging, or unpleasant, don't be hard on yourself this is also normal. Most of us do when we first start to meditate because our body and mind aren't use to this state of being still and quiet. With practice everyday of some sort of meditation or mindfulness practice, you will notice a difference as your body mind and spirit begin to unite.
Be the Love and Be the Light
Angelene is a Psychic Clairvoyant Medium, Spiritual Healer and has completed her Yoga Teacher Training 200 hour in New Zealand. Angelene is well known for her deep Connection to Spirit and the ability to integrate this to the physical world. She Offers Psychic Readings, Clairvoyant and Medium Readings, Spiritual Healing, Guidance, and Teaches Yoga and Reiki. She is compassionate towards all living beings, including crystals and passionate about her Services. Angelene has regular Clients with excellent testimonials.